The 2015/2016 Premier League season will begin in August with the conspicuous absence of a certain Harry Redknapp from the touchlines of the English top flight. We'll also be denied seeing 'Arry interviewed through his car window by scoop hungry reporters on transfer deadline day, which is always a highlight.
In the meantime the former Portsmouth, QPR, Tottenham, West Ham, Southampton and Bournemouth manager will continue to work in the media and hopefully drop a few gems like the following:
- On West Ham's former Portuguese loanee, Dani: "My missus fancies him. Even I don't know whether to play him or fuck him."
- On QPR's struggles in 2013: "I hear that all the time that if they get relegated they want to go because they don't want to play in the Championship, but if they fucking played better, then they would not be in the Championship so that's a load of cobblers."
- On finding a unique remedy for striker Kenwyne Jones' ankle injury: "He took a knock on his ankle but we played him some Bob Marley reggae music and he was fine."
- On his days as a West Ham player: "Even when they had (Bobby) Moore, (Geoff) Hurst and (Martin) Peters, West Ham’s average finish was about 17th. It just shows how useless the other eight of us were."
- On John Hartson: "John Hartson's got more previous than Jack the Ripper."
- On Iain Dowie: "By the look of him he must have headed a lot of balls."
- On Paolo Di Canio: "I was going to pull him off at half-time, but he got a piece of orange like everyone else."
- On his sex life: "I sorted out the team formation last night lying in bed with the wife. When your husband's as ugly as me, you'd only want to talk football in bed."
- On not getting the England job: "I wouldn't trust the FA to show me a good manager if their lives depended on it."
- On whether he’d received death threats: "Only from the wife when I didn't do the washing-up."